Re: [orca-list] Unable to login to a gnome session with gdm.

This is all great advice. Just to add to it, another thing you can do in situations like this is to take a picture of the screen with your smart phone and then run an ocr program on it. If you have an app like KNFBReader, it is easy.

Note: I do not have those xorg log files on my debian stretch system, /var/log/Xorg*. I am not sure if those are system specific or what. A couple of years ago, I was having trouble logging into a virtual machine and those files existed on the virtual machine. I recall that they did not help me debug my problem because I couldn't make sense of the messages. But now, on my debian stretch machine, they aren't there at all. So maybe those xorg error messages are being sent to the syslog or something.