Re: [orca-list] development of Orca,

hi there dennis,
welcome to the linux world and orca!
if you don't mind, I will assume that you are a first time user of
linux or you are thinking of trying out linux.
correct me if I am incorrect!
in my experience, I would advise you go with ubuntu-mate 18.04, mate
has a simple interface, is light on resources, and there is not much
of a learning curve needed to get to gripps with it.
it just works.
as for the latest version of orca, ubuntu's will get an update when a
new version of orca is released the one in ubuntu works very well
so my advice to you would be to go with ubuntu-mate for simplicity,
when a new version of orca is  released it should come thrue your
package manager.
I hope this answers some of your questions,
once again, welcome to linux!