[orca-list] Mate/GTK/follow up to my new to list stuff

Not sure what to subject this and since my Thunderbird was awesome and lost my new to list emails.....I'll make my points here.

Alright I'll take back some of my complaining about Mate, the caveat is it is Antergos's customized version, I find it IMHO easier to use than a pure vanilla one, I added the Brisk menu and that makes it a ton more useable.

Now for my question/worry I broke something....

I initially installed Antergos as a Gnome base on both systems so Orca was up and going, then I added the Mate and mate-extras stuff and that all installed fine, everything* works great with Orca fully speaking it, but if I fire up Pidgin....it acts like a blank window under Mate. I honestly don't recall if I had the same issue if I only installed Mate but I'm fairly sure I did and I don't recall how to fix it at all, so if any of you list people know,, I'm all ears.

Lastly, Virtualbox, under Mate, is it easy to use? I know somebody who has it running under Ubuntu but being over on Arch I'm not sure

Also, I've been reading the 'orca is slow when opening a folder with a ton of files', I'd like to ask if that's been checked on different specs/desktops/etc and if it's more a hardware and software thing, or just an Orca thing?