Re: [orca-list] Mate/GTK/follow up to my new to list stuff

Hello,

If Pidgin comes up as an empty window for you, perhaps it's minimized to the notification area for you. Depending on your Mate layout, you might be able to find the pidgin icon on either the top or the bottom pannel. You can expand it from there.
As far as I know, Virtual box works the same way on gnome and mate desktops. It's a QT4 app and while it's pretty accessible there might be a few issues e.g. list of virtual machines is not very well accessible.
Related to the slow browsing of huge lists with orca I consider this to be a platform issue. Still there are nice fixes coming to Orca or Caja so I think sooner than later this will no longer be an issue.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa April 22, 2018 7:27:27 AM UTC používateľ Jace Kattalakis <khalfang1366 gmail com> napísal:
Not sure what to subject this and since my Thunderbird was awesome and
lost my new to list emails.....I'll make my points here.

Alright I'll take back some of my complaining about Mate, the caveat is
it is Antergos's customized version, I find it IMHO easier to use than a
pure vanilla one, I added the Brisk menu and that makes it a ton more
useable.

Now for my question/worry I broke something....

I initially installed Antergos as a Gnome base on both systems so Orca
was up and going, then I added the Mate and mate-extras stuff and that
all installed fine, everything* works great with Orca fully speaking it,
but if I fire up Pidgin....it acts like a blank window under Mate. I
honestly don't recall if I had the same issue if I only installed Mate
but I'm fairly sure I did and I don't recall how to fix it at all, so if
any of you list people know,, I'm all ears.

Lastly, Virtualbox, under Mate, is it easy to use? I know somebody who
has it running under Ubuntu but being over on Arch I'm not sure

Also, I've been reading the 'orca is slow when opening a folder with a
ton of files', I'd like to ask if that's been checked on different
specs/desktops/etc and if it's more a hardware and software thing, or
just an Orca thing?

orca-list mailing list
orca-list gnome org