Re: [orca-list] When opening a folder with lot of files in it withOrca, it is very slow.

I'm on Arch, or rather ArchLinuxARM, with MATE 1.20. I do happen to have some very large folders, two of which have nearly 1100 files. Loading these folders can take a long time, nearly a minute, although I figured it had something to do with the fact that they are stored on an external mechanical hard disk. However, I did stop Orca when opening one of these folders in Caja, and found that the folder was open and I could browse it in less than 10 seconds after I restarted Orca. So for now, until the fix runnels into a release, toggling Orca is actually a satisfactory work-around. Stop Orca, open the large folder, wait maybe 5 seconds and start it again. This works for me; I hope it helps someone for now, although I do hope it gets fixed soon. I won't be able to pay much into it, but I'll definitely put in something if a croudfunding program or bounty is set up for this bug.
Imetumwa kutoka paa langu