Re: [orca-list] When opening a folder with lot of files in it with Orca, it is very slow.

hi

I'm no developer, yet, but I am pretty sure caja does in fact use gtk.
Specifically gtk 3. But they may not use stock gtk widgets, but their
own widgets with accessibility code to make them work with orca, and if
so this not only needs to be fixed in gtk3 and probably gtk2 just for
the hell of it, but also in caja. I wonder if these name change events
are being reported for any icons, not just file manager icons? Like
desktop icons as well? Although I think caja manages the desktop, so
it's icons are used not only in the file manager but also on the
desktop. It's worth noting that changing the view to list view or
compact view speeds up orca a little, although list view is still slow
so it may be being flooded with name changes for the list items instead
of the icons. I'm not sure what compact mode is, the icons seem to be
clumping closer together and orca doesn't report as much information,
just it's name and maybe it's type.

Thanks

Kendell Clark