[orca-list] Frustrated

Forgive me, but I'm not sure if my last message made it to the list.

In Gnome 3, I have opened up Firefox, but can't figure out how to access the menu bar of an application. So, like, in Firefox, there should be File, Edit, Bookmarks, History, Tools, and I think Help.

When I hit F10, or alt+F10 nothing happens like it does in Unity. When I hit Alt+CTRL+Tab, or shift Tab, I get to the top panel, but, then when arrowing, I see Firefox menu, but when hitting enter, or down arrow on this, either one, I only see quit.

Take GEdit. I know there should at least be File, Edit, and Help. Maybe more, but when I did alt+CTRL+Tab, and saw the GEdit menu, I open it up, and all I see is new window, and Quit. What the heck!

Secondly, I plugged in a USB flash drive. In Mate, and in Unity, it mounts it to my desktop. In Gnome, I can't seem to even find! a desktop, let alone the icons on it, if any like my drive. So, how in the world do I access it from the G U I?

OK, sure I could hit alt+F2, then type

/media/chris/FLASH

and hit enter, but God, that's a lotta work! There's gotta be an easier way than that!

Finally, last question for now. How in the world do I access the trash, where files go when deleted. Don't tell me there isn't one in Gnome!

Chris.