Re: [orca-list] I'm back after forever.

For sheets and giggles, I grabbed one of the daily build iso of the coming Ubuntu Mate release, and installed it.  Everything went swimmingly on the live system and the installation.  On booting the new system, I found that the login screen talks (finally!) and that file manager windows are invisible to orca.  I found that, sometimes, the run dialogue and panels were accessible, as were the applications.  If you want to try Ubuntu-Mate, go with the 16.04.

YMMV,

Dave  H.