Re: [orca-list] Virtualisation software that works well with Orca

Sorry for the late reply but I was out of town last week. I use virtualbox all the time. But I do almost everything via the command line. The GUI for virtualbox has some problems but it's not totally unusable. I think you can do everything via the command line though. I'm not sure how virtualbox's support for sound compares to other hypervisors. Sound can be tricky in virtualbox virtual machines. I have never been able to finx an incantation that works every time. It always seems to me that one configuration works on one virtual machine and does not work the next time I try it. There are a lot of different combinations of parameters to set so it can be a difficult process to find the right one depending on the host and guest operating system. I suspect that is something you just have to live with on virtual machines in general. I haven't used vmware in a long time but it was the same thing then. I used to have a heck of a time getting sound working in a vmware virtual machine.

done.