Re: [orca-list] Proposal of investment in free software accessibility

Hi Peter,

I completely agree with your point: Igalia, F123 and Hypra could work together. The fact is that F123 and Hypra have few financial resources just now, because they focus on accessibility where it is difficult to build any economical model in a few time, and because in some countries, people have not money enough in general.

Igalia has much more success, but they dedicate their resources to their workflow, obviously, focused on what they are ordered by customers. It seems they mainly work on Web stuff. It results they cannot get invoved in all the development projects where accessibility is needed. Typically we could not go together on a Libreoffice tender with non-regression tests due to lack of resources and uncertainness of result. And it is understandable, as their activity is not a11y-only focused.

The purpose of this fund raising is then focusing financial resources in a focus-accessibility project, to get a long-term improvement via non-reg tests, and carried by an economical model to expand free software to blind and poor vision people, and to maintain this fund raising on a long-term via possible returns on investments, self-ativity, to get free software accessibility long-term funded, and not submitted to dated efforts as we experienced with Sun.

Regards,

Logo
                Hypra JEAN-PHILIPPE MENGUAL
DIRECTEUR TECHNIQUE ET QUALITÉ
102, rue des poissonniers, 75018, Paris
Facebook Hypra Twitter Hypra Linkedin Jean-Philippe