Re: [orca-list] Sound icons in Orca

Hello,

The original concept was that speech-dispatcher would replace parts of the text it has been instructed to synthesize to sound rather than speech. There is a set of sound icons with predefined constants such as new line, prompt and a lot more.
If this approach should be used then orca have to be adapted to use it the similar way as speechd-el does.

Given the fact orca is dependent on other packages for reporting roles and their states and the fact orca is being translated into various languages I am not sure hooking sound icons at such a level is a good idea.
Someone who knows more about these things should perhaps try to explain how usefull this would be and what shal be done in order to make it work or even whether this is the way to go.

Greetings

Peter

Hello,

It is a package, witch name is: sound-icons

This package is for speech dispatcher, for synthesizers, not for Orca.

But I have it, and sounds are not played.

I have no idea, how to run this function. Configuration of sound-icons you can find in: /usr/share/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak.conf and espeak-ng.conf

Greetings,

Paulina