Re: [orca-list] Making Chromium work with Orca

I used sighted assistance to install ChromeVox with Chrome. There used to be a way to get this working without sighted assistance, but I don't know if that method still works or not. Also, you couldn't get Chromium to work with ChromeVox on Debian based systems due to a compile time setting. Again, I don't know if this has changed or not.

I think ChromeVox gives a good experience when navigating around web site and the web, but it does use a different approach and some very unique key sequences, so it may not be for everyone.

You don't need to shutdown Orca when using ChromeVox. Orca just doesn't speak anything from Chrome, so all you hear is ChromeVox.