[orca-list] Trouble getting Braille from Orbit XX and Ubuntu 17.10

I have the brltty service enabled, and the Orbit's usb connection enabled in the HID mode, as suggested in the manual for the device.  I enabled braille support in orca, as well.  On rebooting the machine, with the braille unit running and connected, no braille ever appears on display.  In case it matters, I have the Orbit's emulation enabled; this mode is supposed to make the Orbit be recognized as a Refreshabraile 18.

Any ideas?

-Dave  Hunt