Re: [orca-list] Orca doesn't start at login prompt and in Mate

Le 26/05/2017 à 13:04, Sukil Etxenike a écrit :
Hi,

Hi Sukit

I am using Debian Unstable with the Gnome and Mate desktops,

Great :) !

and Ihave
configured GDM as the login manager.

I'm not aware of GDM. Could you check if you have the same issue with LightDM ?

When I turn on the computer, Orca
starts as normal, but if I close my session Orca doesn't start to read
me the login screen. In the eesktops a similar things happens: if I use
Gnome, everything works as expected, Orca starts and I can use
super+Alt+S to turn it off and off. However, none of this is true for
Mate. Could anybody help?

It is maybe a sound issue with speech-dispatcher. Could you also try to log in Mate first after boot ?

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager