Re: [orca-list] Lockup 2: Firefox file upload dialog

Hello,
I've found a little workaround for the popup menu.
Press the applications key or shift+f10 to bring up the popup menu as normal. Orca won't report to the fact it has gained the focus. Now press shift+up or shift+down arrow key and orca will report active menu item. From now on you can navigate in the menu until you dismiss it.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 22. 3. 2017 10:35 používateľ "Peter Vágner" <pvdeejay gmail com> napísal:
Hello,

This is even better than awesome.

GTK file chooser dialog in firefox and thunderbird was never so snappy for me.

Unfortunatelly this most likelly clashes with something else there might be broken in gecko.

After pulling a few recent commits orca is perhaps filtering out focus events for the popup menus in gecko apps.

For example when reading your email I wanted to press the applications key to bring up the popup menu and activate the reply to all item in there. Menu is shown but orca is still reporting as if the message content was in focus. The same can be reproduced in Firefox.

Firefox is GTK+3 build and Thunderbird is GTK+2 build (yeah Arch guis have reverted back to upstream build config).

I haven't yet tried identifying exact commit but I am sure one of these is responsible for this change...

commit 47883e17ccbfffd54eb36041c2e62ad647e92b3d
commit bb4a5b585ba2956f126cd5a0677c759d505c9199
commit b36b20991167a21c457d7b196f1a2c16beacdda4
commit 96cd62d0ca6e99a69220a84efb1f3e9590e1d7cf

Greetings

Peter