Re: [orca-list] Questions about browsing a web page

Hi Jean-Philippe.

Regarding items 2 and 3: Gecko does not implement support for getting
the text by sentence. In addition, there are many Gecko text bugs. In
addition, without those text bugs, trying to heuristically guess what a
paragraph should be would be challenging. So, no.

Regarding item 4, if you're moving the caret and then use 8, 5, and 2,
the flat review cursor should be at the same location as the caret. Thus
8, 5, and 2 are the commands to read the text at the caret. If you've
moved the flat review cursor around so that it is no longer with the
caret, you can press minus twice to exit and re-enter flat review. This
will trigger a refresh of the flat review content and then 8, 5, and 2
should once again read the location of the caret.

--joanie