Re: [orca-list] Image without empty alt should be ignored by Orca

Le 06/06/2017 à 17:55, Storm Dragon a écrit :
Howdy,
While the specification may call for skiping images without alt tags, I
believe Orca handles this in the correct manner. The only time a screen
reader truly fails in my opinion is when it doesn't let you know there
is something on the screen. Saying image when it encounters an unlabeled
picture at least lets you know there's something there even if Orca
isn't able to tell you what it is. This is invaluable in helping debug
websites too. What if the picture is something required to access the
site, and they just forgot to add an alt tag. Now, we could tell the
site admin that there is an unlabeled image. If this  valuable feedback
were taken away, we could only say "it doesn't work, there's nothing
there." As a website admin myself, I know which feedback I would rather
receive.

I understand your point. Maybe Sylvie has more insights about this.

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager