Re: [orca-list] the sonar project is switching distributions

can lynx be used her with the * command once the page is opened to access those links?

On Fri, 20 Jan 2017, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:

Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 09:43:44
From: Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs igalia com>
To: kendell clark <coffeekingms gmail com>
Cc: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] the sonar project is switching distributions

Hey Kendell.

So looking at the Antergos page, I noticed that the "Download" link only
appears on screen if the browser window is extremely wide or you make
the text extremely small. When I don't do either of those two things, it
switches to "mobile" display. In mobile display, there's a not-very
accessible menu that you can click on, but which doesn't seem to expose
the action for us to know it's a clickable. And that not
very-accessible, non-menu, non-clickable is where the row of links
deemed to "not fit" wind up. Orca does not include hidden items in
structural navigation because it doesn't know why they are hidden, it
cannot synthesize clicks on hidden items, it cannot move you to hidden
items, etc. I'm guessing that NVDA allows you to try. Alternatively,
maybe your browser window in linux and your browser window in Windows
are sized in such a way that in Windows the row of links you want fits;
but in Linux it doesn't. Anyhoo, try maximizing your browser window. And
if that's not sufficient, try reducing the font size. In Firefox you can
do that quickly with Ctrl minus/dash (and you can then restore it to
what it was via Ctrl 0).

HTH.
--joanie