[orca-list] the sonar project is switching distributions

hi all

This is an announcement that the sonar project, myself, Kyle Brouhard, and Mark Peveto have decided to switch the distribution we're based on, from manjaro to antergos. We will maintain our link to manjaro though, we're not severing everything, but we will be based on antergos from now on. Jonathan hasn't gotten back with us so we're not sure if we're still going to be called sonar, or if we'll have to change our name since jonathan founded the project originally and controlls the website. If we do end up changing names, we'll probably end up going with six dots, which is the name of an experimental talking iso image antergos started development on but never completed. I'll make sure to keep you guys posted. This is largely because of manjaro's choice to go with a qt based installer called calamares, which we've repeatedly tried to make accessible and failed. The manjaro guys helpfully kept the older installer around, but it's gotten unusable and they're unwilling and usually unable to fix the bugs, so we have to switch to a distribution that has an accessible installer. I want to personally thank the manjaro guys for all their help, and make absolutely clear that we are not going away from manjaro completely, and I will continue to provide package updates to manjaro. This brings me to an issue I've been having with the antergos website. I'm not at all sure what exactly is wrong with it, but in orca stable, version 3.22.2, I can't seem to access a list of links, or tab around the site to get to the links to download a copy of the image. I had to boot into windows and use the NVDA screen reader to get a copy. Would someone mind looking into this when you have time? This is not critical at all. I'll also test out the new rolls that are added as soon as I get antergos installed. I'll happily provide a debug log if needed.

Thanks

Kendell Clark

--
Sent from my keurig.