Re: [orca-list] Braille navigation in Firefox

lars lamasti net (Lars Bjørndal) writes:

Hi, list!

I haven't tried Orca for years. Today, I gave it a try. I used startx,
and Orca came up talking and brailling, after I did alt-f2 and typed
orca.

I used alt-f2 and typed firefox, and it launched. When I tried to read
on using the navigation keys on my Handy Tech Modular Evolution display,
nothing happens, other than that I heared a beep. So the only option was to
use the arrow down to move to the next line, to update the display.

Isn't it possibel to go to next line using the navigation keys on the
braille display?

This was a year ago. Now, I use Fedora 24, and I have exactly the same
issue. Braille is present on the display, but none of the navigation
keys works.

Some questions:

- Is it possible to define keys on the braille display to do something
  in Orca?

- In the Orca dialog, there is a keyboard bindings tab. Can I change the
  key bindings from there?

- If so, how do I do that?

- If it's possible to change key bindings for the display, how do I know
  what to type as the correct key(s) name?

Thanks in advance

Lars