Re: [orca-list] Regarding the double-line presentation: I need some help

Title: Assinatura Informal

hi Joanie.

On 02/23/2017 05:47 AM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
1. Are you using Arch or not?
Yes, OI am using arch.
2. Is Thunderbird/SeaMonkey built against Gtk+ 2 or Gtk+ 3
I am not sure, but I suspect that is gtk+3.
3. Can you reproduce the problem with Orca stable (3.22.x)?
yes.
4. If the problem only recently showed up, what might have changed?
The version of arch package.
5. Can you downgrade Thunderbird/SeaMonkey and see if the problem
   goes away?
If I downgrade TB, the problem goes way.
6. Does it happen with all messages or just some?
All messages.
7. Does it matter if it's in a new tab or new window?
I use to open messages in a new windo, I need to check if the problema happens opening message in a tab.
8. Are there particular steps to reproduce the problem?
No.

Informations of arch package that works without the problem.
Name            : thunderbird
Version         : 45.7.1-1
Description     : Standalone mail and news reader from mozilla.org
Architecture    : x86_64
URL             : https://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/
Licenses        : MPL  GPL  LGPL
Groups          : None
Provides        : None
Depends On      : gtk2  mozilla-common  libxt  startup-notification  mime-types  dbus-glib  alsa-lib  libvpx  libevent  nss  hunspell  sqlite  ttf-font  icu
Optional Deps   : libcanberra: for sound support [installed]
Required By     : None
Optional For    : None
Conflicts With  : None
Replaces        : None
Installed Size  : 80.62 MiB
Packager        : Evangelos Foutras <evangelos foutrelis com>
Build Date      : Wed 08 Feb 2017 03:30:17 PM BRST
Install Date    : Thu 23 Feb 2017 12:04:52 AM BRT
Install Reason  : Explicitly installed
Install Script  : No
Validated By    : Signature

Informations of arch package that works with the problem.

Repository      : extra
Name            : thunderbird
Version         : 45.7.1-2
Description     : Standalone mail and news reader from mozilla.org
Architecture    : x86_64
URL             : https://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/
Licenses        : MPL  GPL  LGPL
Groups          : None
Provides        : None
Depends On      : gtk3  gtk2  mozilla-common  libxt  startup-notification  mime-types  dbus-glib  alsa-lib  libvpx  libevent  nss  hunspell  sqlite  ttf-font  icu
Optional Deps   : libcanberra: for sound support
Conflicts With  : None
Replaces        : None
Download Size   : 29.58 MiB
Installed Size  : 80.64 MiB
Packager        : Jan Alexander Steffens (heftig) <jan steffens gmail com>
Build Date      : Tue 21 Feb 2017 05:17:50 PM BRT
Validated By    : MD5 Sum  SHA-256 Sum  Signature
Thanks.
I cannot reproduce this to save my life. I've tried different versions
of Thunderbird and SeaMonkey, different window managers, upgrading
AT-SPI2, HTML versus plain text, new window versus tab, etc. No luck. I
just set up a virtual machine with Antegros (Arch-based) and still no
luck. I'm about to try setting up a pure/non-derivative Arch VM.

That said, this issue has fallen into the category of "things I'm afraid
I don't have time for." Doubly so if the problem is reproducible in Orca
stable and is limited to a specific environment. As the subject states,
I need some help getting to the bottom of this problem.

Thanks!
--joanie