Re: [orca-list] Filtering html elements

I think there is indeed a bug at play here. All the preferences in question are on by default, which should be telling us about every element such as a list, a table, a form, etc. The problem I saw was that as I tabbed for example through the Facebook login, I heard upon entering the login: "Main content: Form: List with 3 items: username entry." Perfect so far, but then once I tabbed to the password field, it once again said: "List with 3 items: password entry" I believe it was. Sorry, I don't have the exact wording, but it's definitely chatty where it shouldn't be or speaking the wrong thing or something, as it shouldn't have said "List with 3 items" again, since I was already in the list. Yes, I can confirm that the verbosity can be turned off here, as I always keep all those extra elements turned off. The problem you may be seeing is that there are separate sets of checkboxes to speak or not speak these elements, one set to be used with SayAll and the other to be used with navigation. The SayAll checkbox set is in the General tabb in the preferences, and the navigation checkbox is in the Speech tab. With as many options as we have here, it may be better if possible to give both of these sets their own tab, or possibly put them both under the Speech tab, so as to avoid missing them because they're separated across two different tabs in the preferences window.
Sent from the wheels on the bus