Re: [orca-list] Questions about MATE

Hello Alex,

Le 13/12/2017 à 12:58, Alex ARNAUD a écrit :
Le 13/12/2017 à 12:35, Alex ARNAUD a écrit :
Le 11/12/2017 à 10:59, Didier Spaier a écrit :
I would like to have the opinion and feedback of blind Mate users about
the focus model (advice from devs also welcome, of course).

Hello Didier,

Thank you for asking this question. On the Compiz window manager it is easy to have always the focus on
foreground :
https://askubuntu.com/questions/128738/when-i-launch-an-app-the-focus-doesnt-move-to-the-opened-app

Compiz 0.9 provides also the most advanced accessibility features for low-vision persons.

FYI, on Marco, there is a GSettins "org.mate.Marco.FocusNewWindows".

Best regards.

I confirm that in Mate-1.18 (most recent releases of each component),
org.mate.Marco.FocusNewWindows is set to "smart" which seems to be the
right value as the description says:
cut here
This option provides additional control over how newly created windows
get focus.  It has two possible values; "smart" applies the user's
normal focus mode, and "strict" results in windows started from a
terminal not being given focus.
cut here

I have also focus-mode=click as it should be, these options are the
default ones.

I am running Mate while posting and confirm that so far all newly
created windows get the focus.

As an aside, in Marco compositing-manager is "true" by default, i.e.
org.mate.Marco.general is set to "true". Will look nice for the sighted
users, I think.

Oh, and I ended up upgrading to 1.18 is this that I have read under
"MATE 1.18 released" (link below):
https://mate-desktop.org/blog/2017-03-13-mate-1-18-released/
cut here
Much improved accessibility support (particularly for visually impaired
users).
Many thanks to our friends at Hypra.fr for their contribution!
cut here

So, thanks and congrats!

Hopefully I will release Slint64-14.2.1 in the coming days, with speech
and braille available during installation and usage, in text mode and in
most graphical environments including Mate. Stay tuned ;)

Greetings,

Didier