Re: [orca-list] Setting up Orca on ArchLinux

The procedure questions below are good ones, but I want to offer my
personal approach as an alternative that might prove useful.

I don't log into Gnome. I use startx instead.

My rationale is that I'm already logged into the machine at the console,
as I'm a heavy user of the console. So, going through gdm is an
additional step that yields no benefit, yet serves as a trap of
additional issues. Afaik, gdm accessibility has always been an
on-again/off-again kind of thing. So, I simply avoid it. Furthermore,
when I log into the console on tty1, I'm able to run my script that
calls openvt to additional establish all the remaining 23 ttys I
customarily use on my desktop.

If there are issues with any particular boot instance, pausing for a
console login has the additional benefit of helping to localize the
problem.

hth

Janina

José Vilmar Estácio de Souza writes:
Are you using gnome?

Can you login in gnome and use gnome-terminal?

Assuming that the answer to the previous question is yes, do you hear a
sound if you press down arrow after access gnome terminal?