Re: [orca-list] Setting up Orca on ArchLinux

What desktop version did you install on archlinux? Does the desktop version start up when you start your system? On Fri, 18 Aug 2017, Jeanette C. wrote:

Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 13:25:56
From: Jeanette C. <julien mail upb de>
Subject: [orca-list] Setting up Orca on ArchLinux

Hey hey,
I've been trying to get Orca to work on ArchLinux twice or thrice now, with no luck.

Currently I have installed all the necessary packages, or so I believe. I still get no speech and can't find any relevant error messages in the X error log. I can't even get beyond the login manager.

The ArchWiki and other documentation haven't enlightened me one bit. So I need some systematic help. If anyone is willing and can spare the energy, I'd appreciate this very much. For a start, I think, I'll need help in diagnostic tools and helpful tips in logfile analysis. As a console-based Linux user and sys admin I am quite experienced, so I'm not afraid of digging in. :)

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound

Loneliness up ahead, emptiness behind <3
(Britney Spears)