Re: [orca-list] C(++ And orca?

Alan Ghelardi <alan ghelardi gmail com> wrote:
I'm a software engineer and I work every day with Emacs. I'm very satisfied
with the functionalities of this editor and I regret for not having used it
before. Since Emacs is originally a text editor for terminals, it is very
suited for blind developers. You do everything within text buffers (from
coding, navigating in the file tree to reading Slack messages or issuing
Shell commands) through homogeneous commands or keybindings. In summary,
there are not annoying distractions or complexities that are so common in
graphical based environments.

Yes, Emacs is excellent and definitely recommended. For anyone who needs to
write documents, I would also recommend Emacs with AUCTeX mode and LaTeX as an
alternative to having to deal with word processors.