Re: [orca-list] planning to revisit twitter, any tips?

Maybe OT for this list, but Corebird has some accessibility issues I'd like to see fixed. Pointers on how to do so? In particular:

* I don't often know from whom a tweet originates, particularly if it is a) a reply b) a retweet. Where the author's name is spoken seems somewhat inconsistent.

* Some buttons are unlabeled. I opened up the XML containing the UI definition, and all buttons seem to have what appears to be a text label. But I sometimes don't hear a label read and sometimes do.

* Retweets with comments are confusing. Often, they have what appears to be a link to the original tweet. Clicking that opens the tweet in Corebird. I often see this if someone retweets a link, because I can't find the link that Orca reads as part of the tweet unless I click back to the original.

* Clicking tweets apparently shows their conversation, if any. I can't navigate this conversation at all.

So yeah, Corebird works somewhat, but I'd hardly call it accessible. Sure, it works in the sense that I can read tweets, but I feel like I miss out on quite a bit more than I did with, say, Chicken Nugget and other accessible Windows clients.

What really confuses me is that I can't pin down how to consistently reproduce these behaviors. I mean, Corebird will sometimes read the same tweet in different ways, sometimes putting the author's name first and sometimes not. I don't know if something is happening visually when I arrow over the tweet. Maybe, if several tweets have the same author, the author name gets omitted on subsequent tweets? I just don't know. I've poked the source a bit, but I don't know Vala, and maybe the UI builder tool got more accessible since I tried 5-6 years ago, but hand-editing the XML is also painful. :)

Would be interesting to try fixing these, and to learn to do so myself. I'd probably use a web client more, but I do like the deeper desktop integrations offered by native clients. Maybe it's time for a super accessible HTML-based social media client that uses Firefox's new push notifications support.