[orca-list] volume and screen brightness overlays not accessible to orca?

hi all
I can't remember if I've brought this up before, I think I might have at
one point. Would it be possible for orca to read the screen brightness
and volume overlays, the little window with dots underneath it that pop
up when you adjust the volume or the screen brightness, and possibly
other things as well in gnome and mate desktops? I seem to remember
joanie telling me that they don't emit any accessible events, so it
might not be possible, but I'm curious. I've gotten some requests on the
sonar support list that that be added, and it didn't sound too hard to
do, but then again I'm no coder.
Thanks
Kendell Clark