Re: [orca-list] Defaulting to command line instead of Gnome or Mate

In a word, yes.
I work the way you describe on my arch and Debian boxes using startx to start my custom graphical
environment.
Probably for most folks setting up a DM to run a mainstream gui such as gnome or mate would make at least as
much if not more sense.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Fernando Botelho wrote:
Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 09:49:25AM -0300

Hi everyone,

I am trying to help someone with very unusual requirements and the following
has come up:

On the F123 distro, and just about every other one I have seen, one boots
into the graphical user interface and uses the Terminal on occasion.

My question is:  is it just as easy and practical for someone to boot into
the command line, use it with SpeakUp most of the time, and then open Gnome
or Mate and use it with Orca for specific tasks? Would switching back and
forth be as smooth as it is to jump into the Terminal from Gnome?

Thanks,

Fernando