[orca-list] autodetection of keyboard layout

hi all
I've got a sonar user who's new to linux and is trying sonar. So far he
seems to like it, but he's got one of those laptops that don't have an
insert key, and orca maps it's modifier by default to the insert key.
Would it be possible to either map by default to both insert and caps
lock or add some sort of autodetection feature where orca would detect
the type of keyboard you're using and switch it's layout accordingly? I
think I may have brought this up before and we couldn't come up with a
way for orca to do that reliably since laptop keyboards look like any
other keyboard to linux and bsd and so on. That's why I thoguht it might
be a good idea to map the modifier to both insert and caps lock by
default, that way they can at least use most of the orca functions. If
they don't have a number pad also, like macbooks don't, they'd need to
change the keyboard layout to laptop. This isn't a critical feature
since you can just run something like "orca -r -s" in a terminal or the
run dialog to restart orca in it's settings where you can change the
keyboard layout but it's definitely a nice to have feature. Do you guys
think this is a good feature to have?

Thanks
Kendell Clark