Re: [orca-list] how to install arch with gnome and orca?

Hello,

Navigating the top bar as I've described in that old message is no longer necessary.

When GDM login screen shows up you can just press alt+super+s to toggle screen reader. If it's running it'll be switched of and if it's not running it'll be switched on.

If I were you I would make sure I can get the sound to play and all my accessibility related tools to work prior to installing jack and then I would use pulseaudio on top of jack for general desktop sounds and jack directly for music, audio phile related stuff and other highend audio related tasks. I don't know if you need jack running all the time, personally I am just starting it manually whenewer I need it.

For more on jack, please look into the arch wiki more concretelly

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/JACK_Audio_Connection_Kit#JACK2_D-Bus

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/JACK_Audio_Connection_Kit#Basic_Configuration

And this bit in the pulseaudio article: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio/Examples#The_new_new_way

Of course if you need to, please explore the whole articles or ask for some more hints so we can try to give you more help along your way.

Greetings

Peter