[orca-list] problem with gedit

I am having a problem with gedit 3.18.3 and orca 3.20.3. If I open a text document and press any control+key combination, orca starts choking. I don't know how else to describe it. It is like it is speaking extremely fast and saying only the first few letters of a word. I did a completely fresh install of ubuntu desktop 16.04. I started orca via alt+super+s. I then ran gedit, typed in some text, and pressed crontrol+leftArrow to go to the end of the line and orca started speaking in the funny way I described. This was happening with orca useing espeak as its TTS. had not yet installed voxin. But it does the same thing with voxin.

John G. Heim; jheim math wisc edu; sip://jheim sip linphone org