Re: [orca-list] Some shortcut key to turn off monitor

Hello,

Run
$ xrandr --verbose
to see the current backlight level and more.

Change it as follows
$ xrandr --output <your_display> --set BACKLIGHT <value>

See here for a stack exchange thread explaining in a bit more details.... http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/61256/how-to-change-lcd-intensivity-brightness#61265

Greetings

Peter