Re: [orca-list] Some shortcut key to turn off monitor

Hello,

There is no built-in mechanism to automagically handle this, however there are several ways on how you can accomplish this.

If you are using gnome 3 on a laptop, then you can decrease brightness from the top pannel. It does not completelly turn off the screen however I still believe it might be helpfull and / is most straightforward.

Then on the Debian Accessibility wiki page there is a section on switching the screen off: https://wiki.debian.org/accessibility#Screen_off

There are various solutions described that might suit multiple users depending of their used environment of choice.

For graphical desktop I think the xrandr based script is a very good idea.

It can easily be turned into a sops plugin if you like.

See the sops project page at https://github.com/chrys87/simple-orca-plugin-system

Greetings

Peter