Re: [orca-list] lagginess in latest pamac

hi
Yup, that did wonders. It's a lot faster now. I'll be sure to update all
my machines tonight with the newest orca.
Thanks a lot for the great work
Kendell Clark

Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Yeah, that helped. Thanks! Hopefully fixed in master and the gnome-3-20
branch. Could you please verify? (Yes, I know, now you have to wait for
more updates to appear. But since the GNOME 3.20.2 release is this week,
hopefully you'll have some soon.)

By the way, if Mellisa is not a braille user, she might wish to disable
braille in Orca's preferences. If she is, never mind. But your debug.out
indicates that Orca is generating braille but is not able to communicate
with brltty. While I've greatly improved braille performance over the
past year or so, if braille is enabled, Orca will still do the work to
generate it. If the result will never be used, she can shave some time
off Orca's processing by disabling it.

--joanie