Re: [orca-list] sound through pulse audio running as root may soon be fixed

Hi,
These days I run espeakup as my normal user, though I have to run it
in the foreground (it can't write a pid file to its normal place, and
will not accept the option to change that). Espeakup run this way does
lag a bit (about 200ms), typing breaks (letters are cut off in weird
places). I've tried giving pulseaudio realtime stuff but either I'm
doing it wrong, or it has no affect. Speech-dispatcher is having some
issues too, sometimes it seems to buffer key echoes for a couple keys.
Not sure if that's related.

Thanks,
KJ4UFX