Re: [orca-list] using orca with social media

Krishnakant,
For example how can I read replies to my tweets and how do I retweet some
thing?

When you get on the main twitter page you are offered a list of shortcut keys.
I think if you don't see the msg the help is called with the questioinmakr, "?".

I will always favour dedicated desktop apps over the web app any day of
the year.

I agree, but honestly, even after many sessions of use fine corebird less than intuitive, and a bit
inefficient to use.
I hope that someone ports the latest incarnation of the old qwitter to linux as they said they would do a
coupolle of years ago...lol...Hopefully the
memory consumption has been cut a bit.

Many of us use ttytter or the updated fork, oysttyer either in a terminal or in a console.
These days I find these the best way to do a lot of tweeting and reading of tweets, and almost if not all
twitter core functionality can be handled by
it. Shareaholic is also something I use with twitter, and not as vercitile, but for basic stuff slightly
easier than oysttyer is the bitlbee twitter
functionality.

I do agree that corebird-gtk is the best currently available GUI twitter client, but for Ubuntu users it must
be made from source as far as I know, at
least for trusty. Is there a ppa with .debs for corebird?
Regards,

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886