Re: [orca-list] Jira

Hello,

I think java is not used client side while browsing jira based bugtracker for example see here for an example I've just googled quickly: https://issues.openmrs.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Jira renders its output as a html5 / java script website.
So you can hack around accessibility issues client side by using grease monkey or any other similar tool. Fixing bugs or adding more accessibility related enhancements into jira would be possible by contributing to or at least filling issues to Atlassian. If your company is running licenced edition and you can file such bugs it would be cool, because I think there is a higher chance they will like to fix accessibility issues for paying customer. And all in all everyone might benefit at the end.

I've also been using jira briefly during my job. I've been mostly reporting and veryfiing issues, so just filling simple forms. I haven't noticed major issues, so I think this might be something they would be able to help with fairly easily.

Greetings

Peter