Re: [orca-list] autodetection of keyboard layouts?

Hmm, so if by default Orca comes up with a keybinding that uses Insert for all command keys, and I fire up Orca on a keyboard where I'm not likely to know where Insert is by virtue of not using it often or at all, then how does the distinction of Orca as app vs. Orca as desktop service serve me? It makes sense from the perspective of one wanting to maintain purity, but if Orca says "Press insert-k to change keyboard layouts" and I don't know where Insert is, wouldn't it have just made more sense to just pop up a dialog that let me select keyboard layouts from a standard UI control first, service vs. app not withstanding?

FWIW, I'm not sure where the Insert key is on the laptop I've owned for nearly 2 years. Fortunately I use it as my main workstation too, so have it hooked into a full-size wireless keyboard where I do know the location of the Insert key, but one of the first tasks I perform is switching to the laptop layout. I think I'd be massively confused if I didn't always perform setup on a full-size keyboard.