Re: [orca-list] Orca and braille display

hi
I have no idea what might be going wrong with fedora, but sonar sounds
like brltty isn't staying operational long enough for the braille
display to work. This should work, but I've noticed some serious issues
with brltty in the past couple of weeks. It will restart itself
continuously in a loop. I know this because each time it starts it
speaks it's name and version, and then a few seconds later repeats
itself. I'd recommend this user use talking arch in the meantime if his
braille display works the best there until I can sort out exactly what's
going on. It's probably something I have done trying to get brltty to
work as a console screen reader. I may end up having to drop this if I
can't get it to work and just use brltty for braille displays. The last
thing I want to do is make it so that people with braille displays can't
use them.
Thanks
Kendell Clark

Max wrote:
Hi All.

A user who is not subscribed to this mailing list, turned to me for
help. He has a Braille display "Focus-40 Blue".
He can not make it work this Braille display, in some distributions of
linux. This user is trying to connect the Braille display through the
USB. The distribution "sonar", the Braille display is turned on, and
then immediately shuts down. In the "fedora" he started, but refuses
to work.
He also said that when loaded into the live mode, "talking arch", the
braille display work.
Please tell me, is there a way to make the display work normally?
I unfortunately can not help this user because I do not have a Braille
display, and no experience to eliminate such problems.
Connecting via Bluetooth does not eliminate the problem.