Re: [orca-list] Accessibility Breakage in Eclipse

On Saturday 04 June 2016 12:50 AM, Jason White wrote:
Hunter Jozwiak <hunter t joz gmail com> wrote:
I am not sure if this is just me, but I can't seem to use very much of
Eclipse at all. I can navigate the tree views for the package explorer and
the project manager, but the editor is totally unusable.
This has been discussed recently on the list. So far as I can remember, bug
reports were sent to Eclipse developers.

Is there an
laternative IDE? I've tried out Bluefish, which left something to be desired
in terms of code completion. NetBeans won't speak.

There are very powerful extensions to Emacs that support software development.
You can run Emacs in a terminal, or, much better in my opinion, install
Emacspeak. (If you install Emacspeak, be sure to subscribe to the Emacspeak
mailing list and ask any questions there.)

Some Web searches and a visit to the Emacs wiki should help you to find out
what tools are now available in Emacs for working with your preferred
programming languages.
  Emacs is much more than a text editor. Extensions written in Emacs Lisp can
  provide very sophisticated functionality. I know the Emacs developers have
  been improving their programming language parsing in recent releases, but I
  don't know which extensions are the best at the moment for various
  programming tasks.

So can Emacspeak be run in gnome-terminal?
Orca is already such a great screen reader that I practically can't imagine being without it and switching between cli console and gui is not a good idea I feel.
And yes Aptana is a forke of eclipse and may as well be tryed out.
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.