Re: [orca-list] starting orca after debean installation

I recently downloaded a Debian Testing image; after installing, I noticed that pulseaudio was not installed, yet, speech-dispatcher was set to use pulse. The fix: I went to another console and used the running espeakup to install the missing package, then rebooted. Lightdm came up talking, but my entered keystrokes did not speak; am ok with that, since there are two prompts for logging, one each for username and password. The system is happily running.

Incidentally, which desktop did you choose to use during installation? I'm using Mate; it's all working as I like, now. If one chooses GNOME instead, she should get gdm as display manager.

Cheers,

Dave