Re: [orca-list] Orca and the HTML lang attribute

While I don't think you can easily update to latest orca using debian stable you caould update to 3.18 with
out much trouble when I set up my Debian
machine last year.
I wonder if this is now harder to do, i.e. I tink I got my orca version from testing, and dependencies were
not broken for other programs when I updated
what ever I had to update to ake the newer orca version work.
IL would certainly look at posibilities if I were you, i.e. there have been major improvements in orca over
the last couple of years, and if you can get
3.18 you will probably notice significant improvements.
This will not address the feature you want, and this may be hard due to Debian's strict dependencys and
conservative update philosophy, but perhaps someone
who uses Debian as their primary distro can speak to the posibility of updating beyond 3.18. I know quite a
few people use debian ulnstable so they can get
latest orca and accessibility stack, and while I feel that using unstable  defeats most of the reason I would
consider using Debian, this is me, and Linux
gives uls many alternatives to meet a variety of needs and use profiles.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Felipe López wrote:
Thu, Jul 07, 2016 at 03:58:45PM -0500

   Hi,

   I started using ORCA yesterday, and I noticed that when reading a web page
   that specifies the language of the whole page or parts of its content
   using the "lang" attribute does not make ORCA read in each language. It
   just keeps reading all the content using the pronunciation of the system's
   default language.

   Do I have to configure/install something for ORCA to read the content in
   the appropriate language? Or is it that ORCA does not have this feature
   yet?

   I'm using GNOME 3 on Debian 8 with ORCA 3.14.0.
   Thanks,

   P.S.: Thanks for working on ORCA, it is a great thing to have :)

   --
   Luis Felipe López Acevedo
   [1]http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/