Re: [orca-list] Use Linux as a daily driver

On Sunday 31 January 2016 11:26 AM, B. Henry wrote:
The only place you may have trouble, and that is a weak point for many orca users is OCR.
The free solutions use the same ocr engine that NVDA's ocr plug-in uses, and one more that may be better or
not depending on language/document.
There are some other solutions, a web-based ocr service that charges by the page I think, but I have no
experience.
I do not know if there is some other non-free Linux OCR program one can  buy, nor if it is accessible.
There is a good program called lios one can inistall that provides some useful features like auto rotation to
assist when you do not know which side
should go up.

LIOS is a really good software and the core developer, Nalin is also on this mailing list.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.