Re: [orca-list] Firefox notifications, GNOME and Orca

On 01/28/2016 12:57 PM, Nolan Darilek wrote:

I'm a bit confused about your comment re: persistence. Does the
notification stick around and not vanish until dismissed, which I guess
I can't currently do? Or does it fade out?

From my quick testing, if you press the push button, wait for the delay
to pass, and the notification shows, if you:

1. Sit on your hands, the notification sticks around.
2. Press some key (even just Ctrl alone), the notification goes away.
3. Click anywhere (even if it doesn't change focus), the notification
   goes away.

No matter what you do, the notification does not get added to GNOME
Shells list of notifications.

HTH.
--joanie