[orca-list] Firefox notifications, GNOME and Orca

Kind of an odd question but I'm hoping for a pointer. I'm playing with implementing Firefox's new push notifications into a web app that needs to generate visible notifications on the desktop. Part of my testing involves clicking on these notifications to trigger behaviors, examining them to see if they're cleared correctly, etc.

Currently I'm poking the demo at https://serviceworke.rs/push-simple/. This requires Firefox 44, just released yesterday. If I give Firefox permission to show notifications, then click the button to send one, I do hear GNOME speak the notification after 5 seconds or so. I can't find the notification, though.

Specifically, when I ctrl-alt-tab to the topbar, then arrow to the clock and press down-arrow, I can read a bunch of other notifications that were spoken. Unfortunately, I can't find the one Firefox generated, meaning I won't be able to click it or verify that it disappeared as part of testing.

Just curious if Firefox's desktop notifications are somehow faking out the accessibility API (I.e. generating an event signifying that they appear, but not appearing in the traditional notification location, but instead some Firefox-specific area that can't yet be tracked.) I suppose there's also the possibility that they're not persistent, but in studying the web notifications API spec I don't see a way to make a notification temporary. There is a TTL parameter for pushes but this seems to govern how long the notification remains on the server, and setting it to some high value doesn't make the notification stick around. There's also a Firefox addon that claims to send web notifications to the GNOME notification area, which leads me to believe that Firefox notifications are currently a separate thing. Unfortunately, if I search for this addon via the Addon Manager then I can't find it while I can on the web, and as I indicated last month, the addon installation alert seems to be inaccessible when installing one from a standard website.

Thanks for any help. Just trying to get a sense for what's going on visually, since it doesn't map to what Orca speaks and what I'd expect from said speech.