Re: [orca-list] PI2 running Orca

 you will need to run MATE, LXDE or XFCE  on the Pi2, because GNOME
requires Pulseaudio, which for some reason freezes badly on the Pi2.
The good news is that speech-dispatcher's alsa code works fine, so once
you install your desktop, Orca should work fine, although you may
notice the very beginning of speech utterances being trimmed for some
reason, although this may just be an issue with audio on my HDMI
monitor. I haven't been able to figure out how to switch the Pi2's
audio to the analog jack, as the mixer has no controls at all, and card
0 is the HDMI audio. Fixing this may fix Pulseaudio, so that GNOME can
be installed, but if you already have analog audio working, HDMI of
course won't be the cause of your problem.

Sent from my forgotten instrument