[orca-list] FWD: Re: Which desktop environment to use on Rasperry pi 2

Oh sorry. This message was ment for the list. Hope that's ok, Kyle.

----- Forwarded message from Lars Bjørndal <lars lamasti net> -----

Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 09:49:14 +0100
From: Lars Bjørndal <lars lamasti net>
To: Kyle <kyle4jesus gmail com>
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Which desktop environment to use on Rasperry pi 2

Thank you, Kyle and Krishnakant! I'll try Mate.

Do you know if it's possible to copy&paste with BRLTTY from a text
console to the GUI, e.g. to Firefox? That would be convenient, since I
most of the time, use programs in a screen session on a ssh server. And
so it would be easy to find information in an email an paste it in a
web form within Firefox.

I think I'd like to use startx to start the desktop. Is it
possible to shut it down with a key combination?

Thanks and regards,

Lars