Re: [orca-list] wish to change inflection while Orca is on

Basically, your voices are in a subfolder of espeak-data called voices.
There's another subdir there with variants that is the one with an ! point prepended to its name, !V I think
it is.
The best thing to do is make your voice file, give it a distinct name, (in the file, not speaking of the
filename itself, although of course it also
must be unique), and save it inthe voices direectory. You can use subdirs in the voices folder to store your
custom voice files as well.
I have a few voices, especially female ones I've made that I copy in to espeak-data/voices when I do a new
installation of any Linux distro.
Espeak-data is found in different places depending on distro.
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
for a 64bit Ubuntu or Vinux installation, /usr/share for Arch and its dirivatives, maybe some other locations
for other distros.

\

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Krishnakant wrote:
Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 12:19:40AM +0530

Inflection is the ups and downs in the pitch while reading a
sentence, which gives a smoe what natural variation to the voice.
Right now Orca uses espeak with a monotony and the output is rather
melancholic.
I had changed the tonal quality by modifying the voices, en voice in
particular.
Secondly, I wish to see even the female voices listed in Orca's
preferences, that too I am not able to do.
If I can do the latter, I am sure I will get to the right directory
where all the voice files are kept.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.