Re: [orca-list] OT: looking for volunteers for the tintin sound pack

hi
I haven't added the features yet. It's why the fork was created, so I can get help from the community to add them, since I don't know the code well enough to add them on my own. I'm tired of hoping for scraps from "willing" windows blind users so I'm taking the matter into my own hands. I need help though, since I know little of the underlying tintin code. It's worth noting that you don't need to know the language tintin is written in to contribute, but rather the tintin scripting language that's used to write the triggers, as well as some bash scripting. I know a little of both but not enough for something like this
Thanks
Kendell clark

Thanks
Kendell clark

chrys87 web de wrote:
Howdy,
I didnt olay altereon but and do not realy understand that story..:
why is this forked from strom_dragons git (https://github.com/stormdragon2976/tintin-alteraeon) without merging the features back to that repo? storms repo is more active and the last commits are just hours ago? so what is the problem here? This seems to be a good example how we can fork us death insteed of working together. https://github.com/coffeeking/tintin-alteraeon is a lot of commits behind storms master. The talk about self voicing stuff i didnt understand. orca reads the gnome-terminal pretty well (with exeptions about a few bugs). what problem do you have here? Maybe i missunderstand. creating a new MUD client is not a simple task (and not the most usefull at all). so its better to Improve the existing ones. maybe you want to try KBTin. Or do you just want a GUI for Tintin++? The communuty and also me are always there if someone needs help. So dont scare just try yourself on that stuff :). Maybe we should be more involved "the other side" community insteeed to seperate them :). Seperation of people is never a good thing. wat was the reason for your "complex", if I am able to ask :)? How the situatuin could Improoved for you? What do you mean with more active? of course windows has more users so a community could be bigger. We were also not fruitless :), Just a few hitpoints of the last year about things I know :) - Joanies and others wonderfull work on Orca i.e Luke rewrote the settings code to store the settings in gsettings
- storm improved the altereon soundpack
- ocrdesktop
- strychnine
- SOPS Simple Orca Plugin System
- Beeping Progressbars (maybe soon available in Orca)
- currently I m working on Sound Icon support for orca. based on the sound generator in the beeping progress bars (for now as fun project, but who knows)